- This event has passed.
Pastor Search Committee Retreat
February 20 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
A 4-5 hour meeting to kick-off the activities of this crucial church committee. This is a closed meeting for the members elected to the committee. If you have any suggestions, comments, considerations, or questions regarding the committee’s activities, please see David Tompkins.
Please continue to pray for this committee
• Pray for deep spiritual cleansing and fullness of the Holy Spirit in each member. (Psalm 66:18, John 15:5; Ephesians 5:18)
• Pray for keen discernment, wisdom, and strength for the team. (Matthew 15:13-14)
• Pray for powerful unity and oneness of spirit within the team. (Amos 3:3; Matthew 18:19)
• Pray for God’s clear direction in how resumes are collected and examined, and how interviews are conducted. Ask God to bring the right person to the attention of the team. (Proverbs 14:12; Isaiah 55:8-9)
• Pray for the search team to have God’s wisdom in all of the questions and information they
share with the prospective pastor. Spirit-led thoroughness is essential! (1 Corinthians 2:10-16)
• Pray for the team to have wisdom as to the unique characteristics and traits most needed for our church.
• Pray for the team to have no timetable but God’s. They must be determined to find God’s
perfect will in God’s perfect time. (Ephesians 5:17)
• Pray for the future pastor and his family to have absolute certainty in their sense of call to our church. (He must know he has God’s direction.)
• Pray for the prevention of Satan’s influence in misleading or rushing the search team. One of Satan’s tool is deception. Pray for a powerful hedge of protection around the committee and their families.
• Pray for God’s guidance in how the future pastor is presented to the church. Pray for the
church to have unity in his call. (1 Corinthians 1:10; Acts 2:1)